Brazil Mantiqueira AzulRegular price €18,00
single origin | whole beans
state minas gerais
region mantiquera de minas
municipality carmo de minas
process pulped natural
altitude 1.200 m.a.s.l.
variety yellow catuai
suggested for espresso
tasting notes chocolate, almond cookie, apricot, peanut butter
The history of the Vale do Rio Verde Coffee Growers Regional Cooperative begins 60 years ago, when, on May 7, 1961, a group of coffee growers from Carmo de Minas and neighboring towns decided to join forces with the aim of making local coffee growing a reference in productivity and in the excellence of the coffees produced.
Since then, COCARIVE has been growing and gaining visibility in the national and international markets in terms of specialty coffees, this is all due to the fact that its members dedicate themselves to the cultivation of coffee, which is not just their livelihood but also the passion and joy of their everyday lives.
Currently, COCARIVE exports the coffees of its members to several countries spread across the five continents around the world and to numerous Brazilian states.
Support for the associated coffee grower is given in several ways, they are:
- technical support through agricultural technicians
- a store of inputs and equipment needed for harvesting and maintenance of crops and properties with below-market prices and special payment conditions
- warehouses that have coffee processing machinery
- highly equipped laboratory for sensory analysis of specialty coffees
- export department that seeks the best markets for the cooperative members' coffees
For decades, COCARIVE has sought the economic, social and environmental development of the 23 cities it serves through modernization, training of its employees and adjustments to its Bylaws.